London house refurbishmentsSide extensions

How do I get planning permission and building regulations approval?

By March 6, 2013 No Comments

We can help with all aspects of gaining planning permission and building regulations for you.   Both planning permission and building regs approval are needed. We will in some cases talk to planning on your behalf or we might recommend an architect or even a structural engineer who is suited to what you require.

Planning permission is gained by submitting architect’s drawing to the local council and usually takes around 6-8 weeks to gain, although this time depends on your local council.

For most large projects you will need to notify the local council’s Building Control.  This can either be done in a Building Notice or by submitting Full Building Plans.

Building Notice allows work to start within 2 days, whereas Full Plans can take up to 8 weeks.  Both routes incur a fee from the council, but ensure your work is fully council approved, a legal requirement. The council will issue you with a completion certificate once the project is finished. It’s vital to have a completion certificate, as this shows that the council has signed off your project, and it reassures any future prospective buyer your building work was council approved.

Leave a Reply